- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 boneless chicken breasts cut in half
- 1 bunch of kale, centre stalks removed and cut into thin ribbons
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1½ cups pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded partly skimmed mozzarella cheese
Prep and Cook
- 1Preheat the oven to 375°F
- 2Heat a good glug of olive oil in a large skillet set over medium heat. Season both sides of the chicken breast with salt and pepper, and place it skin-side down in the pan and cook until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Flip it over and cook the other side for another two, then remove it from the pan and transfer the meat to a plate.
- 3Add another glug of oil to the pan and sauté the kale until wilted, about 5 minutes. Season it lightly with some salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- 4Nestle the chicken and its juices back in the pan with the kale. Sprinkle the oregano over top. Mix the pizza sauce with ½ cup water and pour it over the chicken and kale. Top with shredded mozzarella and bake at 375°F for 20 minutes, or until the cheese is golden brown and bubbling.
- 5Serve with crusty bread and a simple salad, which you can make while the chicken is in the oven.
Similar Related Posts:
- November 28, 2016
6 Quick and Easy Dinner Ideas for the Busy Holiday Season