- 1½ cups flour
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- 6 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup warm water
Prep and Cook
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease an 8” square pan, 9” round pan or line a muffin tin with paper wrappers.
- 2Combine the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda and salt in a medium mixing bowl and stir.
- 3In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, vegetable oil, vanilla and water.
- 4Make a well in the middle of the dry mixture and pour in the wet ingredients. Stir well.
- 5Pour into baking pan or muffin tin and bake for 30–35 minutes for the cake or 20 minutes for cupcakes.
- 6Frost with your favourite chocolate icing or dust the top with powdered sugar.
Category: No Category