- 1 398 mL can Hunt's Heirloom Crushed Tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 boneless chicken breasts cut in half
- 1 bunch of kale, centre stalks removed and cut into thin ribbons
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 cup shredded partly skimmed mozzarella cheese
Prep and Cook
- 1Preheat the oven to 375°F
- 2Heat a good glug of olive oil in a large skillet set over medium heat. Season both sides of the chicken breast with salt and pepper, and place it skin-side down in the pan and cook until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Flip it over and cook the other side for another two, then remove it from the pan and transfer the meat to a plate.
- 3Add another glug of oil to the pan and sauté the kale until wilted, about 5 minutes. Season it lightly with some salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- 4Nestle the chicken and its juices back in the pan with the kale.
- 5In a small bowl, stir together the Hunt's Heirloom Crushed Tomatoes, oregano and sugar, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 6Pour the tomato mixture over the chicken and kale and top with shredded mozzarella. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the cheese is golden brown and bubbling and the chicken is cooked through.
- 7Serve with crusty bread and a simple salad, which you can make while the chicken is in the oven.