This simple, satisfying soup is the perfect dinner to bridge the gap between late winter and early spring. It’s comforting enough to warm you through, but lighter than most seasonal soups making it ideal for eating when the temperature slowly begins to rise.
Good to Know:
- Soup is only as good as the ingredients used to make it. Here, opt for the best quality chicken stock your budget will allow you to purchase.
- If garnishing soup with Parmesan cheese, slice off the rind and throw it into the pot with the chicken and beans for added flavour.
- When serving the soup to babies and toddlers, transfer some of the soup mixture to a bowl or glass measuring cup and blitz with an immersion blender until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Soup can be made and stored covered in the refrigerator up to 2 days in advance.
- 2 leeks, white and light green parts only, washed and sliced into ¼-inch rounds
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken, bones and skin discarded
- ¼ cup finely chopped Parsley
Prep and Cook
- 1Heat two tablespoons of oil in a Dutch oven set over medium-high heat. Add leeks, season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring often, until soft, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- 2Stir in the chicken stock, increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Add beans and chicken to the pot, lower heat to a simmer, and cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Stir in the parsley and check seasonings, adjusting if necessary.
- 3Divide soup between bowls and top with Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes, if desired.
Similar Related Posts:
- July 19, 2018
Toddler Recipe: Zucchini Bread Waffles
This recipe boasts a combination of whole grain and all-purpose flours, a minimal amount of sugar and two full cups of vegetables. And like a lot of traditional zucchini breads, we’ve added mini chocolate chips to the recipe at times, and the results were definitely crowd-pleasing.
- July 13, 2018
7 No-Bake Desserts to Make Your Summer a Little Sweeter
If you’re looking for something that goes beyond a melty tub of Ben and Jerry’s, these easy no-bake desserts for summer are delicious, simple and sweat-free.
- July 5, 2018
How to Cook for a (Summer) Crowd Without Going Crazy
Looking for some of the best party food ideas for large groups? Here are a few strategies to help you control that chaos that comes with having many mouths to feed.
- May 30, 2018
7 Healthy Grab & Go Breakfast Bars for Busy Mornings
If you’re tired of eating your kids’ leftovers as you rush out the door in the morning, here are a few morning meal lifesavers. We've rounded up some healthy (and tasty) breakfast bars that will help hold you over.