This is one of those dishes that tastes good morning, noon and night, and makes a filling meal from humble ingredients. You can make this in advance, and store in the fridge, reheating wedges on a baking sheet in the oven.
- 1 ¼ lbs. (approx. 2 large) russet potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup olive oil
- 8 large eggs
- ¾ tsp sweet or smoked paprika
- Optional: fresh chopped parsley, for serving
Prep and Cook
- 1Thinly slice the potatoes (this is easiest to do with a mandolin) and onion. Heat oil in a 10-inch non-stick or cast-iron skillet over medium heat. This will take 3 to 4 minutes.
- 2When tiny bubbles begin to appear, add all of the sliced potatoes and onion, plus a good pinch of salt and pepper, to the pan. Gently stir the potatoes into the oil with a wooden spoon.
- 3Cook, turning the potatoes every few minutes, until they are tender but not browned. If potatoes reach the point when they begin to break, they are overdone. Stop cooking immediately.
- 4While the potatoes are cooking beat the eggs and paprika in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper.
- 5Drain potatoes in a colander set over a bowl in order to collect the oil. Return the skillet to the stovetop and preheat the oven to 350°F. Pour 2 tablespoons of the reserved oil into the pan.
- 6Mix the potatoes and onions into the eggs and pour into the skillet. Reduce heat to medium low and cook for 5 minutes.
- 7Transfer the skillet to the oven and cook until the top of the tortilla is set and the edges are golden brown, about 7 to 10 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature with crusty bread and a side salad or steamed vegetables.
Similar Related Posts:
- May 19, 2017
3 Healthy Recipes for Your May Long Weekend Barbecue
Who doesn't love long weekends spent with friends and family in the sunshine celebrating an extra day off of school and work?! My absolute favourite way to unwind and reconnect with the people I love most is by throwing a backyard barbeque…fresh air, good laughs and great food! As a nutritionist hosting foodie get-togethers I am always looking for healthy recipes, but as a Mom I also need to make sure they are tasty enough for my children to dig in to as well.
- May 18, 2017
How to Make a Build-Your-Own Caesar Bar
National Caesar Day fittingly falls on the Thursday before the May two-four weekend, the unofficial launch of patio season in Canada. Here's our recipe for a classic Caesar cocktail, and how you can create a build-your-own Caesar bar for a party.
- May 17, 2017
7 Hacks to Take You from Hot Mess to Easy-Breezy Hostess
These seven clever hacks will turn you into the easy-breezy, no-sweat hostess you've always wanted to be.