This is one of those dishes that tastes good morning, noon and night, and makes a filling meal from humble ingredients. You can make this in advance, and store in the fridge, reheating wedges on a baking sheet in the oven.
- 1 ¼ lbs. (approx. 2 large) russet potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup olive oil
- 8 large eggs
- ¾ tsp sweet or smoked paprika
- Optional: fresh chopped parsley, for serving
Prep and Cook
- 1Thinly slice the potatoes (this is easiest to do with a mandolin) and onion. Heat oil in a 10-inch non-stick or cast-iron skillet over medium heat. This will take 3 to 4 minutes.
- 2When tiny bubbles begin to appear, add all of the sliced potatoes and onion, plus a good pinch of salt and pepper, to the pan. Gently stir the potatoes into the oil with a wooden spoon.
- 3Cook, turning the potatoes every few minutes, until they are tender but not browned. If potatoes reach the point when they begin to break, they are overdone. Stop cooking immediately.
- 4While the potatoes are cooking beat the eggs and paprika in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper.
- 5Drain potatoes in a colander set over a bowl in order to collect the oil. Return the skillet to the stovetop and preheat the oven to 350°F. Pour 2 tablespoons of the reserved oil into the pan.
- 6Mix the potatoes and onions into the eggs and pour into the skillet. Reduce heat to medium low and cook for 5 minutes.
- 7Transfer the skillet to the oven and cook until the top of the tortilla is set and the edges are golden brown, about 7 to 10 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature with crusty bread and a side salad or steamed vegetables.
Similar Related Posts:
- July 13, 2018
7 No-Bake Desserts to Make Your Summer a Little Sweeter
If you’re looking for something that goes beyond a melty tub of Ben and Jerry’s, these easy no-bake desserts for summer are delicious, simple and sweat-free.
- July 5, 2018
How to Cook for a (Summer) Crowd Without Going Crazy
Looking for some of the best party food ideas for large groups? Here are a few strategies to help you control that chaos that comes with having many mouths to feed.
- May 30, 2018
7 Healthy Grab & Go Breakfast Bars for Busy Mornings
If you’re tired of eating your kids’ leftovers as you rush out the door in the morning, here are a few morning meal lifesavers. We've rounded up some healthy (and tasty) breakfast bars that will help hold you over.
- May 10, 2018
Freezer Meals for Busy Weeknights + Recipe: Chicken Enchiladas
Freezer meals are the gateway to getting a good dinner on the table easily. Here’s everything you need to know to make some, plus a dinner recipe to get you started.