Yogurt-Marinated Fish Sticks with Avocado Mango Salsa
Using yogurt as a marinade keeps the protein moist and tender without adding a lot of extra fat.
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dried dill weed
- 1.5 lb white fish (cod, halibut, sole) cut into 1” thick strips
- 1 cup panko or Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ mango, peeled and diced
- ½ avocado (skin and pit removed), diced
- 2 Tbsp red onion minced
- Juice ½ lime
- 1 tsp honey
Prep and Cook
- Combine the yogurt, mustard, lemon juice, and dill weed in a medium bowl and mix well. Add the fish and stir, coating the pieces evenly with the marinade. Allow to rest in the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Place the panko and salt on a small plate and stir together with a fork. Set aside.
- Combine the mango, avocado, red onion, lime juice, and honey in a small bowl and mix well. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Dredge a piece of the fish in the panko, coating all sides well. Place on a baking sheet and repeat with the remaining pieces.
- Bake for 10–15 minutes, or until cooked through and the panko turns golden brown. Serve warm with the salsa and a wedge of lemon, if desired.