18 Clever Ideas for Filling Your Kid’s Loot Bags
I’m not a huge fan of loot bags, but I understand that they are part of the package when you plan and host a birthday party. Having said that, if the contents of the goody bag are simple, practical and useful, I can get over my dislike of them, and even have a little fun putting them together.
Regardless of how I feel about these take home treats, the kids absolutely love them! Here are 18 ideas for loot bag fillers you won’t mind handing out at your next party. Some of the ideas are based on a specific them, and others are suitable for almost any type of party you might be planning.
Loot Bag Ideas for Specific Party Themes:
- Art Party: Canvases, paints, paintbrushes, black beret
- Baking Party: Chef’s hat, cookie cutters, rolling pin, stainless-steel mixing bowl
- Circus/Carnival Party: Face paint, clown noses, balloons, candy floss
- Movie Star Party: Movie passes, popcorn bucket full of concession stand candy, inexpensive DVDs.
- Indoor/Outdoor Pool Party: Beach towels, pool noodles, goggles, water balls
- LEGO Party: LEGO minifigures, building block candy (can usually be found at the Bulk Barn or craft supply store)
Loot Bag Ideas for Any Party Theme:
- Iced sugar cookies in the number of the new age of the birthday boy/girl. Package in cellophane and tie with ribbon.
- Outdoor toys like a ball, magic carpet sled, skipping rope, etc.
- A favourite book and a homemade (made by birthday boy/girl) bookmark.
- Personalized name labels
- T-shirts. These can be purchased from a store or made at home. Bonus points if they match the theme of the party (i.e. Superhero-themed shirts for a superhero party)
- Notebooks and pens/pencils.
- A small bag of the birthday child’s ‘favourite things’ like a candy, magazine, small toy, etc.
- Homemade or store-bought Playdough and cookies cutters.
- A personalized CD of the birthday child’s favourite songs, or the songs that were played at the party.
- Gift cards in small denominations for treats, books, movies, or music.
- Sticker, activity, and colouring books.