Easy Dinner Idea: Gluten-Free Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
If you’re looking for something new to whip up for dinner, but your family has health and dietary needs to keep in mind, Metro has a great solution.
My Health, My Choices is an easy and effective tool you can use both online and in-store to help you streamline and personalize your grocery shopping. So if you’re looking for gluten-free foods, for example, you can check out Metro’s green price labels in-store, or click and sort by dietary need online to get exactly what you want. There are nearly 50 attributes associated with close to 9000 products, so you’ve got lots of variety.
This recipe has quite a few ingredients, but it comes together quickly for a delicious dinner everyone will love. And one of the great things about it is that it only takes one pan to cook!
All of the following ingredients were easily found while shopping through My Health, My Choices. Thanks to Metro for partnering with us on this helpful post!
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas [Gluten-Free]
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional: for spice)
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- Chopped cilantro, to garnish
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Shredded cheddar cheese, for serving
- Shredded lettuce, for serving
- Salsa, for serving
- Sour cream, for serving
- 8 to 10 gluten-free 100% corn tortillas, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375(f) degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl add the chicken, peppers, onion & garlic.
- In a separate small mixing bowl stir together the chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, cayenne pepper (if using), salt & pepper.
- Sprinkle over chicken mixture followed by the olive oil, lime juice & lime zest. Using your hands, toss until everything is evenly coated.
- Transfer mixture to a sheet pan & spread out to form an even layer.
- Bake for 22 to 25 minutes, until chicken is cooked throughout.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro. Season with additional salt & pepper if desired.
- Evenly divide mixture among 8 tortillas. Garnish with a wedge of lime & top with desired toppings.