Food Goals for 2012
I’m not one for making resolutions, unlike Minnow, but I do set aside some time to plan a few goals for myself for the coming year. Here are a few of the food-inspired ones I’m hoping to accomplish in the coming months:
- Learn more about cooking and baking with natural sugars versus their processed counterparts and develop recipes using these organic sweeteners.
- Grow one more vegetable than I did last year (hopefully this will be easy to accomplish since my garden gave me a whopping four carrots last year).
- Be gentle with myself when time doesn’t permit me to make a proper meal. No one has ever died from eating apples, popcorn and hot chocolate for dinner.
- Get my tween back into the kitchen to cook with me (hockey has a way of making that difficult, but I’m determined). He eats more than I can cook, and I would like to ensure he’s capable of preparing a good meal for himself.
- Wean said child off Nutella by making my own.
- Eat less meat-based and more vegetarian meals.
- Introduce more ‘superfoods’ to my weekly meal plans.
- Remember to eat lunch! (You would be amazed at how difficult this is for me when I’m working alone at home).
Now it’s your turn. Tell me, what are some of your food-related goals for 2012?