The younger set will love these individual serving-sized Beef Pies with Cauli-Mash Topping.
- ½ large cauliflower, washed and trimmed
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- Sea salt
- 1 Tbsp Grapeseed oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 1 lb (.453 kg) extra lean ground beef
- 1 900ml jar pasta/tomato sauce
- ½ cup frozen corn
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
Prep and Cook
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Lightly oil 6-8 small oven-proof dishes (ramekins are perfect).
- 3On rimmed baking sheet, toss cauliflower florets with olive oil and salt and arrange in a single layer.
- 4Bake, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 5In a large skillet or pot, heat Grapeseed oil over medium-high heat.
- 6Stir in onion, garlic and carrots and sauté until softened (6-8 min).
- 7Add ground beef to the skillet, crumble and cook until lightly browned.
- 8Pour in tomato sauce and corn and bring to a boil.
- 9Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until sauce has thickened (8-10 min).
- 10Divide mixture between the dishes.
- 11Place roasted cauliflower, butter, milk and parmesan cheese in a food processor (or mash by hand) and puree until it is the consistency of mashed potatoes.
- 12Top each meat pie with roasted cauliflower mash.