Makes 20 pieces
- 3 cups diced or shredded cooked chicken
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2–4 Tbsp hot sauce (the spiciness mellows in the cooking)
- 2 green onions, sliced, white and light green parts only
- 1½ cups panko or seasoned bread crumbs
Prep and Cook
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, combine the chicken, cream cheese, hot sauce and green onions and mix well.
- 3Shape the mixture into 1” round balls and place them on the baking sheet. Transfer the chicken bites to the fridge and chill for 30 minutes. This will help them to firm up.
- 4Remove the tray from the fridge and place the balls in the panko, turning them to coat all sides evenly in the bread crumbs. Return them to the baking sheet and repeat with the remaining chicken balls.
- 5Bake for 15–20 minutes or until the bread crumbs are golden brown and the chicken is heated through. Serve warm.
Tagged under: buffalo chicken bites,snacks,chicken,chicken bites