- 2–3 cups vanilla icing
- Green food colouring
- 1 cake board (8”) or piece of cardboard cut to size
- 1 cake (two 8” layers) from recipe or cake mix
- Pretzel sticks (wooden logs)
- Camping-themed stickers or cardboard cut-outs
- Wooden skewers
Prep and Cook
- 1Prepare the cake as per the package or recipe directions and allow to cool completely before frosting.
- 2Combine the icing with a few drops of the green food colouring and stir by hand with a rubber spatula to combine.
- 3Spread a small amount of icing on the cake board and top with one of the cake layers. Frost the top of the layer and set the second cake layer on top of the first, flat side up.
- 4Frost the entire cake completely using a little more icing than usual to cover the cake. You want it thick, but don’t worry about making it perfectly smooth. Using a teaspoon, swirl it over the entire cake to create a ripple effect.
- 5Place the cake on cake plate or stand and scatter the pretzels around the bottom of the cake to create the look of broken sticks and logs.
- 6Attach the camping-themed stickers to the wooden skewers and insert them into the cake.
Tagged under: campground birthday,camping birthday,campground birthday cake