- 1 cake (2 x 8” layers) from recipe or boxed mix
- 1 cake board (8”) or piece of cardboard cut to size
- 2–3 cups vanilla icing
- Assorted LEGO Minifigures
- Wooden skewers or lollipop sticks
- Printed ‘Happy Birthday’ signs
- Optional: Fondant LEGO bricks
Prep and Cook
- 1Prepare the cake as per the package or recipe directions and allow to cool completely before frosting.
- 2Spread a small amount of icing on the cake board and top with one of the cake layers. Frost the top of the layer and place the second cake layer on top of the first, flat side up.
- 3Frost the entire cake, covering the top and sides completely. Smooth the sides and top using the side of a palette knife or a dough/bench scraper.
- 4Place the cake on a platter or stand and press the fondant LEGO pieces (if using) into the perimeter of the base of the cake.