- 1 vanilla or chocolate cake recipe (homemade or boxed mix), enough for two 9” layers
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
Prep and Cook
- 1Bake cake as per recipes/package directions and allow it to cool completely before removing it from pans.
- 2Place whipping cream and sugar in a clean bowl and beat until thick and fluffy.
- 3Place one layer of cake on a cake board or stand. Top with half of the whipped cream mixture, spreading it out to the sides. Cover with second layer of cake and smooth remaining whipped cream over the top.
- 4Decorate the top of the cake by arranging strawberry slices into a maple leaf. Slice one strawberry in half to form the stem.
- 5Decorate with a mini banner by making a paper chain using the ring colours.
Tagged under: cake,birthday cake,olympic cake,team canada strawberry cake,olympic birthday party