- 2 cups diced potato (about 4 small potatoes)
- ½ cup sliced carrots
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups chicken/veggie stock or water
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded aged cheddar
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 cup frozen corn
- Optional: parsley for garnish
Prep and Cook
- 1Bring the stock/water to a boil in a medium saucepan and add the potatoes, carrots, celery, salt and pepper. Lower heat, cover and simmer until the potatoes are fork tender. Add the corn and cook for 2 more minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, in a separate saucepan, melt the butter. Add the flour and stir to combine, cooking for 2 minutes. Add the milk and bring to a boil. The sauce should be thick at this point. Remove from the heat, add the cheese and stir until the cheese has melted.
- 3Pour the cheese sauce into the vegetable mixture and stir well. Check seasoning and adjust if needed. Add more stock is the soup base is too thick. Serve warm.
Category: No Category