Baker’s Delight Birthday Cake
- 1 cake recipe (any flavour), enough to make two 8” cakes
- 2–3 cups white icing
- Pink gel-paste food colouring
- Piping bag
- Large star tip
- Multi-coloured sprinkles
Prep and Cook
- Prepare the cakes as per the package or recipe directions and allow them to cool completely.
- Add a small dollop of pink colouring to the icing and stir it in by hand using a rubber spatula.
- Fit a piping bag with the large star tip and fill it with 1 cup of the frosting.
- Place one of the cake layers flat side down on a cake stand or plate and spread ½ cup of icing over the top. Place the second layer of cake on top, flat side up. Ice entire cake with the remaining pink frosting, covering the cake evenly.
- Pipe a border around the base and top edge of the cake.
- Decorate the top with sprinkles and the mini cupcake liner birthday garland.