- 1½ lbs new potatoes
- 6–7 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 cups water
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 large Spanish onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups of corn, fresh or frozen
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 cup aged cheddar cheese, grated
Prep and Cook
- 1Clean the potatoes and cut into a large dice. Place them in a soup pot and cover with the thyme sprigs, salt and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10–15 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, chop the onion and saute in the butter and oil until translucent and slightly browned. Once the onions have cooked, add them to the potatoes. Also add the corn, green onions, milk and stock.
- 3Bring the soup to a boil and allow to bubble for 7–8 minutes. Add the cumin and paprika and stir well. Lower the heat and add the cheese, allowing it to melt completely. Serve warm.
Tagged under: corn chowder,toddler recipe,gluten-free cheesy corn chowder