These cheesy treats are a great way to get your toddlers cooking in the kitchen with you.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup water
- ¾ cup leftover mashed potatoes
- ¾ cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp chopped chives
Prep and Cook
- 1In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, combine the flour and salt. Add the egg and water and, using the paddle attachment, mix well. If the dough is a little dry add a tablespoon or two of water until it’s smooth and soft and pulls away from the side of the bowl. If you don’t have a stand mixer, dough can be mixed by hand.
- 2In a second bowl combine the mashed potatoes, cheese and chives. Set aside.
- 3On a lightly floured surface roll out the dough to ½” thickness. Cut out circles using a 2–3” cookie cutter or a large drinking glass.
- 4Place 1–2 teaspoons of potato mixture in the centre of the dough circles and fold over, pinching the edges together to seal.
- 5Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the perogies for 5 minutes. Serve with sour cream.
- 6Alternatively, heat a little oil in a skillet and cook the perogies 2–3 minutes per side or until the outsides are golden brown and crispy.