- 1 thick slice of whole grain or white bread
- 1 tsp unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper
- 1 small glass (2–3" in diameter)
Prep and Cook
- 1Turn glass upside down and press into the centre of the bread to form a hole.
- 2In a small non-stick frying pan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- 3Place the bread in the pan and toast lightly on one side.
- 4Flip bread over so the toasted side is facing up.
- 5Crack the egg into the hole of the bread and cook for 3 minutes.
- 6Flip the bread over for 1/2 a minute for a runny egg or 1-2 minutes for a more cooked egg.
- 7Serve immediately with more toast for dipping in the yolk.
Tagged under: chick in the hole,breakfast,eggs,toast