- 6 large eggs
- ⅔ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 6 slices pancetta or side bacon, chopped
- 450 g (½ package or one box) fettuccine
- ½ cup table cream or milk (optional)
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
Prep and Cook
- 1In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together eggs and parmesan cheese and set aside.
- 2In a small skillet, heat the oil and sauté garlic until soft.
- 3Add pancetta to the pan and cook until crisp.
- 4Remove pancetta from the pan, drain on paper towel and discard garlic.
- 5In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook fettuccine until tender.
- 6Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup of the water, and return to the pot.
- 7Immediately add egg and cheese mixture.
- 8Toss pasta, eggs and cheese together, cooking for another minute until the egg cooks and the sauce coats the fettuccine.
- 9Mix in pasta water and/or table cream as needed to make the sauce creamy.
- 10Toss in pancetta and fresh parsley and serve immediately.
Tagged under: pasta,fettuccine,fettuccine carbonara