- 2 large chicken breasts, cut into 1” chunks
- ½ red pepper, diced
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime, approximately 1 to 2 Tbsp
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp cream cheese
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- 4 large tortilla shells
Prep and Cook
- 1Combine the chicken, red pepper, chili powder, olive oil, lime and salt in a medium bowl and toss. Allow to marinate for 15 minutes.
- 2Heat a non-stick skillet and sauté the filling for about 8 minutes. Add the cream cheese and stir until melted and well combined.
- 3While the filling is cooking, use a 3-inch round cookie cutter to cut rounds from the tortillas. Each shell should yield 3 mini tortillas.
- 4Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place the tortilla rounds on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Scoop some of the filling onto each shell and top with a little cheddar cheese.
- 5Bake just until the cheese has melted, about 4 minutes. Remove from the oven, fold in half, and secure with a toothpick. Serve warm.
Tagged under: chicken,finger food,tacos,chicken taco bites