Add some Italian flare to your outdoor meal with cold-pressed sandwiches showcasing delectable meats and cheeses.
- Salami, mortadella, capicollo
- Provolone or mozzarella
- Extras: sun dried tomatoes, olives, lettuce, peppers
Prep and Cook
- 1Slice the bread in half and lightly butter both sides.
- 2Spread each side with pesto and add a layer or two of salami, mortadella and capicollo to the bottom half of the bread.
- 3Top with a layer of provolone and mozzarella, then add another layer or two of the meat. Top with the other half of the bread.
- 4Wrap the sandwich tightly in plastic wrap, ensuring the entire sandwich is well covered.
- 5Place on a baking sheet and top with a large cast-iron skillet, Dutch oven, or casserole dish filled with heavy items from your fridge, and leave overnight.
- 6To serve, unwrap the sandwich and slice into two-inch pieces. Skewer with a toothpick, wrap each sandwich in parchment and tie with twine or serve as is on a platter.
Tagged under: sandwich,lunch,cold-pressed sandwich