Banish boring ol’ rice. This is both a filling rice dish and one of our favourite unique salad recipes.
This rice salad combines flavour-packed ingredients like apples, cranberries, and brie for a perfect summer salad or a #MeatlessMonday dish any time of year!
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4 cups cooked white or brown long grain rice
- 2 granny smith apples (any apple will work), cored and diced
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 small brie wheel, diced
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped basil or parsley
- Juice of 2 lemons (about 3 tbsp)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup good quality olive oil
- 1/2 tsp each sea salt & freshly cracked black pepper
Prep and Cook
- 1Bring a small pot of salted water to a boil.
Add peas and cook according to package directions until bright green and tender.
Drain well and set aside to cool slightly.
- 2In a large bowl, combine cooked rice with apples, cranberries, brie, and herbs. Stir in peas.
- 3In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice with Dijon, olive oil, sea salt, and pepper.
Taste and add more lemon juice or seasoning if you like.
Drizzle the vinaigrette over salad and toss well to evenly coat.
Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 1 hour.