- 16 slices of white or whole-wheat bread
- ½ cup plain or herbed cream cheese
- ½ English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp dill weed
- 2 Tbsp chopped chives
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Prep and Cook
- 1Place the eggs in a small bowl and mash them with a fork. Add the mayonnaise, dill weed, chives, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- 2For Cucumber with Cream Cheese Tea Sandwiches: Spread cream cheese over four slices of bread. Top each piece of bread with cucumber slices, overlapping them to completely cover the cream cheese. Top with a second piece of bread and set aside.
- 3For Egg Salad Tea Sandwiches: Spread the egg salad mixture over four slices of bread. Place a second piece of bread on top of each and set aside.
- 4Stack two sandwiches together and slice the crusts off all four sides of the bread using a serrated or electric knife. Cut each sandwich in half diagonally then again the other way, making four triangles. Serve sandwiches on a silver tray.
Tagged under: tea sandwiches,cucumber with cream cheese,egg salad,sandwich recipe