Denise’s Jam Thumbprint Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ¾ cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- ¼ cup flaked coconut
- ¾ cup jam (any flavour)
Prep and Cook
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar with a mixer until creamy.
- Separate the eggs. Whisk the whites until foamy and set aside.
- Add the egg yolks and vanilla to the butter and sugar and mix well at medium speed.
- Slowly add flour and salt and mix at low speed until combined.
- Toss nuts and coconut together on a plate.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 20–30 minutes.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and roll into balls, approximately 1" in diameter.
- Dip balls in egg white wash and then roll in walnut/coconut mixture.
- Place balls on parchment paper lined baking sheets about 1" apart.
- Using a small spoon or your thumb, press a shallow indentation in the top of the cookie.
- Drop a small amount of jam in the indentation.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes or until cookies are slightly firm.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before removing them from the tray.