Homemade pear purée is sweet, filled with fibre, and rich in vitamin C. When scrambled with egg and baby oatmeal, it makes a protein-packed and nutrient-rich food for your baby.
Eggy Pear and Oatmeal Scramble
TIP: Short on time? Instead of preparing your own pear purée, use a jar or squeeze pouch of baby pear purée instead.
Yield: ½ cup
Servings: 1 serving
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes to steam pears, 5-10 minutes to cook
Total Time: 30-35 minutes
- 2 pears, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) prepared baby oatmeal cereal (suitable for 6-month-old baby)
- 1 large egg
Prep and Cook
- 1Steam or boil diced pears until very tender. Drain if necessary and mash or purée until you have your desired consistency. Let cool, then place in a sealed container in the fridge until ready to use.
- 2Prepare baby oatmeal cereal according to package directions, mixing until you have your desired consistency.
- 3Whisk egg. Whisk in ¼ cup (60 mL) of puréed pears and 1 Tbsp (15 mL) prepared baby oatmeal until well combined.
- 4Heat a pan over medium heat. Add egg, oatmeal and pear mixture and cook, stirring often, until eggs are scrambled and completely cooked through.
- 5Remove from heat, let cool and chop into tiny pieces that your baby can manage.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
- Egg, fresh, whole, raw, 1 large
- Healthy Times Organic Whole Grain Oatmeal Baby Cereal (by PIRALITAH), 1 Tbsp
- Pears, fresh, 1/4 cup slices
- Calories 107.0
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 1.0 g
- Monounsaturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 186.0 mg
- Sodium 71.0 mg
- Potassium 131.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fibre 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 6.7 g