- 1 (6") whole-wheat pita, toasted until golden brown
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp ground cumin
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, ends trimmed and cut into ribbons crosswise
- 1 English cucumber, quartered lengthwise and cut into ½” chunks crosswise
- 1 ½ cups red kidney beans
- ½ cup crumbled feta
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Optional: fresh mint
Prep and Cook
- 1Drizzle the toasted pita with olive oil and season with salt and cumin.
- 2Tear the pita into pieces and toss with the romaine, cucumber, kidney beans, feta, lemon juice and olive oil in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with fresh mint, if desired.