No plates required for this European-style, finger-food fish & chip fave.
- 1 lb white fish (tilapia, sole, halibut) sliced into 1 oz strips
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups panko or unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp lemon pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
Prep and Cook
- 1Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- 2Slice the potatoes into thin matchsticks. Place on an oiled baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss the potatoes with your hands, coating with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake for 30 minutes, turning the fries over at the halfway through the cooking.
- 3While the potatoes are cooking, crack the eggs into a small bowl and beat together. Set aside.
- 4Place the panko, lemon pepper and salt in a shallow baking dish and mix together.
- 5Add the fish to the egg mixture and turn to completely coat.
- 6Then add the egg to the panko mixture ensuring the fish is evenly coated with the breadcumbs.
- 7Place the fish in the oven when you turn the potatoes and cook until golden brown and crispy (approx 10–15 minutes).
- 8Make a cone out of newspaper and serve the fish and chips inside it with a wedge of lemon.