Cheesy sandwiches become sea-breezy snacks and look especially cool served in individual buckets.
- 1 loaf thick-sliced bread
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 3 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated Swiss cheese
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Prep and Cook
- 1Spread butter over each slice of bread.
- 2Turn the bread over and cover each slice with the mayonnaise/mustard mixture.
- 3Top half the bread slices with cheese, and cover each with the remaining bread.
- 4Place two sandwiches in a pan set over medium high heat and cook until golden brown on both sides, and the cheese has melted.
- 5Let stand for a minute before cutting sandwiches in half and serve in a sand pail.