Ocean Animal Cookies
Add a little underwater fun to your table with colourful ocean animal cookies.
- 1 cup butter
- ¼ cup cream cheese
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 2–4 Tbsp water
- Gel food colouring
Prep and Cook
- Cream the butter and cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add in sugar and beat until well incorporated. Add egg, salt and vanilla and mix well.
- Add flour, one cup at a time, being careful not to over mix. Wrap the dough in plastic and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Roll the dough (1/2 inch thick) out onto a floured surface and cut out the cookies.
- Bake on a parchment-lined sheet for 10-11 minutes, or until the edges barely begin to brown. Cool completely before decorating.
- To ice the cookies, combine the icing sugar and 2 Tbsp of water. Add more water, as necessary to create a thick spreadable icing. Tint with gel food colouring to desired colours and spread the icing over the cookies.
- Decorate with sprinkles for the eyes and allow the icing to dry before serving.