These neat nautical desserts are easy-to-make sweets.
- 3 oranges
- 2 packages of red Jell-O, made according to the package directions
- 12 toothpicks or small wooden skewers
- 12 paper sails (made from triangles cut from paper)
Prep and Cook
- 1Slice the oranges in half and peel away the orange flesh from the rind.
- 2Fill each orange half with the Jell-O mixture and transfer to the refrigerator, allowing it to set until solid.
- 3Remove from the fridge and slice each orange bowl in half again (so they are now in quarters).
- 4Punch a hole in the top and bottom of the paper triangles and skewer them onto the toothpicks or small wooden skewers.
- 5Place the skewers into the Jell-O, pushing the sticks into the orange rind to hold into place.