Warm up your fingers with a hand-held meal that’s great for the entire family.
Prep and Cook
- 1Place the flour in a small bowl, the beaten egg in another and the panko in a third. Add ½ teaspoon each of the salt and pepper to the panko, and stir to combine.
- 2Heat the oil over medium high heat until it's hot and slightly bubbling.
- 3Dredge the shrimp in the flour, dip it in the egg mixture and finally coat all sides with the panko. Fry until the shrimp are golden brown—about one and half minutes per side. Repeat with remaining shrimp and place on a paper towel-lined plate.
- 4Toss the radicchio, romaine and carrots together in a medium sized bowl and drizzle with 1 Tbsp of the lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper and add more lemon to taste, if necessary. Set aside.
- 5In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise, 1–2 Tbsp of the Meyer lemon juice and the lemon zest. Add ¼ tsp each of the salt and pepper. Mix to combine.
- 6Slice open the focaccia buns and lightly coat each side with a smear of the lemon aioli. Top one side with five or six pieces of the fried shrimp, cover with a hearty scoop of the slaw and top with the remaining bun.
Tagged under: lemon,fried shrimp sandwich,lemon aioli,fried shrimp