Adapted from How to Feed a Family
- 4 slices whole grain bread
- 2 Tbsp butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup chopped fresh spinach
- ¼ cup chopped ham
- salt and pepper, to taste
Prep and Cook
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and trim the crusts off the bread slices.
- 2Using a rolling pin, flatten each slice as thin as possible. Butter both sides of the bread and press each slice into a cup of the muffin tin. Fill any unused muffin cups half full of water to prevent burning.
- 3Bake for 10 minutes or until the edges of the bread are golden. Remove from the oven. In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, spinach and ham, and season with salt and pepper.
- 4Pour some of the egg mixture into each bread nest, filling to the top of the bread. Place the muffin tin back in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the eggs are set and puffed. Remove from the oven and use a butter knife to gently remove the nests from the muffin tin.
Tagged under: dinner ideas,green eggs and ham nests,green food recipes