- Homemade or store-bought pizza dough, enough for one 12-inch pizza
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup pesto
- 1 jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- ½ lb. asparagus, trimmed and chopped or shaved
- 1 250g ball of fresh mozzarella
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 oz. baby arugula
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
Prep and Cook
- 1Prepare the pizza dough as per the recipe or package directions and bring it to room temperature.
- 2Preheat the oven to 500°F, 30 minutes before baking the pizza. Invert a large baking sheet and brush the olive oil over the bottom of the pan. Lightly dust it with flour and set aside.
- 3On a lightly floured work surface, press the dough into a 12” circle. Transfer it to the baking sheet and smooth the dough into a round shape. Spread the pesto evenly over the dough and top with artichoke hearts, asparagus and both cheeses.
- 4Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edge of the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- 5While the pizza is in the oven, toss the arugula with olive oil and lemon juice. Season well with salt and pepper. Just before serving, mound the dressed greens in the middle of the pizza and serve warm or room temperature.