- 4 mild Italian sausages, sliced into 1" pieces
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 Tbsp olive oil + extra for the calzones
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 ball pizza dough (store-bought or homemade)
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups pizza sauce or marinara sauce
- 1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp dried oregano
Prep and Cook
- 1Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2Place the sliced sausages on one side of the baking sheet and the broccoli florets on the other. Coat the broccoli with the olive oil and sea salt and place the tray in the preheated oven. Cook for 15 minutes.
- 3While the sausages are in the oven, divide the pizza dough into 4-6 equal portions. Lightly dust your work surface with flour and roll each piece of dough into a 9" circle.
- 4Spread a small amount of sauce over the bottom half of each circle, leaving a 1" border around the edges. Remove the sausages and broccoli from the oven, and place a few pieces of each on each dough circle.
- 5Divide the cheese evenly between the calzones, sprinkling it over the top of the broccoli and sausage pieces. Fold the top half of the dough over and roll and press the edges together to seal.
- 6Carefully transfer calzones to a lined baking sheet. Lightly brush with olive oil and season with oregano. bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the dough is puffy and golden brown. Serve warm with extra pizza sauce for dipping, if desired.