Honey Strawberry Jam
- 6 cups chopped strawberries
- 2 boxes pectin
- 1 ½ cups honey
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
Prep and Cook
- Wash 6 small jam jars and allow them to air dry.
- Place the berries in a medium saucepan and mash well. Add the pectin and bring the mixture to a rolling boil. Allow to boil for 1 minute and stir well.
- Remove the pot from the heat and add the honey, lemon juice and vanilla. Bring the mixture to a boil again and continue cooking for 5 minutes, stirring continually.
- Ladle the jam into the jars. Put the lids on and immerse into a hot water bath for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the jars from the pot and allow them to cool completely. You should here a ‘pop’ as the jars cool, telling you they were sealed properly.