Whether you’re entertaining guests or making preparations for the busy week ahead, consider adding this simple salmon to your menu for a protein-packed dinner the whole family will enjoy.
- 1 side (or 4–6 fillets) of salmon, skin on
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 mango, peeled with pit removed
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- ½ red onion, diced
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Prep and Cook
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (with the rack in the middle), and place the salmon skin-side down on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- 2In a small bowl combine allspice, cumin, thyme, cayenne, cinnamon, salt, garlic powder and brown sugar and mix well. Add the olive oil and stir to make a thick spice paste.
- 3Massage the jerk seasoning paste onto the salmon. Bake for 12–15 minutes.
- 4While the salmon is cooking, make the salsa. Combine the mango, pineapple, red onion, parsley and olive oil and stir well. Serve with the salmon.