Mixed Green Veggie Salad with Salmon
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 1 cup fresh spring peas
- ½ head broccoli
- 1 cup sugar snap/snow peas, trimmed
- 1 cup seedless green grapes
- 4–6 salmon fillets (6 oz each)
- ¼ cup teriyaki marinade or balsamic glaze
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- ½ cup dill, chopped
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
Prep and Cook
- Place salmon fillets in a large, shallow dish and drizzle with marinade.
- Leave salmon at room temperature for 15–30 minutes.
- Preheat oven or barbeque to medium high.
- Blanch beans and broccoli, for 1–2 minutes and peas for 30 seconds.
- Drain and rinse under cold water to stop them from cooking.
- Combine spinach, mixed greens, grapes and blanched green vegetables in a large bowl.
- In small bowl, mix together yogurt, mayonnaise, dill, lemon, honey and salt and pepper.
- Cook salmon on lightly oiled grill over medium high heat (or under a broiler) until fish is brown and flakes with a fork, turning once until fish is browned and flakes.
- Alternatively, bake salmon in an ovenproof dish at 425 degrees for approximately 10–12 minutes (depending on the thickness of the fillet).
- Pour dressing over green salad and toss gently.
- Serve salad with grilled salmon fillet.