- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small (or ½ large) sweet onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and sliced
- 2 cans Hunt's Heirloom Crushed Tomatoes
- ½–1 Tbsp granulated cane sugar
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
Prep and Cook
- 1Heat the oil in a small saucepan over medium heat and add the onion and garlic, cooking for 3–4 minutes or until the onions take on a bit of a golden colour.
- 2Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the Hunt's Heirloom Crushd Tomatoes, ½ teaspoon sugar, salt and oregano. Simmer for 20 minutes, keeping the heat low enough so that the sauce barely bubbles.
- 3Remove the sauce from the stovetop and allow it cool. Transfer the sauce to a blender or food processor and process until smooth. If the sauce tastes too acidic, add the remaining sugar. Otherwise, store it in a covered container in the fridge for up to 3 weeks—or in the freezer for 6 months.
Category: No Category