- 2 cups fresh berries
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- ¾ cups Greek yogurt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup canola or olive oil
- Optional: powdered sugar for garnishing
Prep and Cook
- 1To macerate the berries, combine them with lemon juice and sugar in a bowl and stir to combine. Cover and place in the fridge for up to 2 days or until ready to serve.
- 2Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly grease an 8” baking pan with 2–3" height.
- 3In a medium-mixing bowl, whisk together the yogurt, eggs, sugar and vanilla. Add the flour, baking powder and salt, and stir just until combined. Using a spatula, fold in the oil until you’re left with a batter that is thick and shiny.
- 4Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 35–40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes before removing it from the pan.
- 5To serve the cake, lightly dust the top with powdered sugar and garnish with the macerated berries by placing them in the centre of the cake.
Tagged under: french recipe,yogurt cake,cake recipe,summer dessert,berry cake