Pasta with Kale, Cheese and Black Pepper
Every Mom needs a back-pocket recipe that’s both quick and wholesome, this pasta dish fits the bill perfectly.
- 1 box of whole-wheat or regular spaghetti
- ½ bunch kale, washed and cut into ribbons (stems and centre ribs removed)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ cups grated Parmesan
- Fresh ground black pepper
Prep and Cook
- Boil the spaghetti in salted boiling water.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a skillet set over medium heat and add the kale. Cook for a minute or two, or until the kale is slightly wilted. Lower the heat to avoid turning the kale crispy.
- When the pasta is done, reserve 1/3 cup of the water, and drain the rest. Add the cooked pasta, cheese and about 15 grinds of black pepper to the skillet with the kale.
- Take the reserved pasta water and add a tablespoon or two to the pan, stirring the ingredients as you do. Add more water if the “sauce” is too thick. Cook until the cheese is completely melted.
- Serve immediately and top with more ground pepper and Parmesan cheese if desired.