Quinoa and Mixed Berry Hot Cereal
- 1 ½ cups quinoa (red or white)
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 ½ cups water
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup or honey
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds or chopped nuts, toasted (optional)
Prep and Cook
- In a strainer, rinse quinoa under running water and drain thoroughly.
- Place quinoa, milk, water, and salt in a medium-sized saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for approximately 15 minutes (or until the liquid is absorbed and quinoa is tender).
- Stir in frozen mixed berries, cinnamon, and maple syrup.
- Remove pan from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle seeds or nuts on top of each bowl and serve immediately.