Raspberry Currant Muffins
Raspberry currant muffins? YES. These muffins are studded with fresh raspberries and tart currants. They are as delicious as they are adorable. Eat them while they are warm as they won’t last long!
Makes 12 muffins
Raspberry Currant Muffins Recipe:
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp lemon zest (optional)
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 3/4 cup milk or buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup fresh red currants
- 1 tbsp icing sugar, for sprinkling
Prep and Cook
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
Grease 12 muffin tins or line with paper cups.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and lemon zest if using.
Stir with a fork and set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the butter, milk, egg and vanilla.
Gradually add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Gently fold the raspberries and red currants into the mixture, taking care not to over mix.
- Fill each muffin cup 3/4 full.
Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes on a wire pan.
Dust each with icing sugar for added sweetness!