Kids can even be fussy, even when it comes to mac and cheese. So, we’re sharing an easy Mac and Cheese recipe we guarantee they will love! It’s perfect for weekend lunches and comfort food dinners.
Serves 4 to 6
No-Fuss Easy Mac and Cheese Recipe
- 500g pkg dried macaroni pasta (or any small pasta shape you like)
- 3tbsp unsalted butter, plus more for dish
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3 cups whole milk
- 3 1/2 cups grated white cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup reserved for topping
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
Prep and Cook
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
Butter a small oval or square-shaped casserole dish (or 4 to 6 individual size dishes) and set aside.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package instructions, until al dente.
Transfer to a colander, rinse under cold water, and drain well.
- 2Meanwhile, make your sauce. Melt butter in a large heavy saucepan over medium heat.
Add flour and cook, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until bubbly but not brown, about 1 minute.
Very slowly whisk in milk. Bring to a simmer and continue to stir with a wooden spoon until thickened, about 4 minutes.
Add 3 cups cheddar cheese, stirring until completely melted and sauce is smooth, 1–2 minutes.
Stir in salt.
Add reserved pasta to this pot and stir to combine.
- 3Pour into prepared baking dish(es).
Sprinkle evenly with the reserved 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- 4Bake until sauce is bubbling around the edges and the top is golden, 25–30 minutes.
Let stand 5 minutes before serving.