- 2½ cups all-purpose or whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups finely diced rhubarb
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose or whole-wheat pasty flour
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Prep and Cook
- 1Pre-heat the oven to 350°F and line or oil a mini muffin pan.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- 3In a medium sized bowl, combine the sugar and oil and stir well. Add the egg, buttermilk and vanilla, and mix well. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients along with the rhubarb and stir until just combined.
- 4Spoon batter into the mini-muffin tin, filling each cup ¾ full. Combine the ingredients for the topping and sprinkle a small amount on the top of the muffin batter.
- 5Bake for 14 minutes or until the tops of the muffins are golden brown.