- 2 cups of filtered water
- 4 cups of organic kale
- 2½ cups of fresh chopped pineapple
- 2 Tbsp of organic sprouted chia powder
- Juice from ½ of a lime
Prep and Cook
- 1Blend together and enjoy. Refrigerate the remaining liquid.
- 2Kale is regarded as one of the world’s best super foods. Some of the key constituents in kale (glucosinolates and methyl cysteine sulfoxides) when chewed, help to activate detoxifying enzymes in the liver. It is a potent antioxidant (Vitamins A, C and K) and is an amazing source of chlorophyll.
- 3Pineapple aids with digestion (e.g., protein breakdown via the enzyme bromelain), has anti-inflammatory benefits and is an excellent source of Vitamin C and manganese—both powerful antioxidants.
- 4Chia powder is a good source of fibre (e.g., Organic Traditions is 7g/2 Tbsp) - to promote regular bowels and a healthy colon and to help bind and clear toxins from the body. Also a source of Omega 3 essential fatty acids (not able to be synthesized by the body) which help to reduce or prevent inflammation and also play a role in healthy skin (to give you your morning glow).
- 5Lime is an excellent source of Vitamin C to boost the immune system and help protect against heart disease. Has an alkalizing effect on the body, which is anti-inflammatory, promotes healing and helps to set the stage for cleansing.
Category: No Category