A quick and easy go-to potato side dish that’s perfect for summer sides and even Thanksgiving dinner!
- 4–5 lbs fingerling potatoes, scrubbed and halved (if large)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh thyme or rosemary
- Zest from 2 lemons (about 2 tbsp)
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp freshly cracked black pepper
Prep and Cook
- 1Place potatoes in a large pot
Add enough water to cover the potatoes by 1 inch
Bring to a rapid boil and cook potatoes until tender, about 15–20 minutes
Drain and return potatoes to the pot along with 2 tbsp olive oil.
- 2Using a potato masher or a large fork, roughly start to ‘smash’ your potatoes
Add remaining olive oil and continue to mash until you have a chunky consistency (add more olive oil if potatoes seem dry)
Add rosemary, lemon zest, ½ cup Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
Continue to smash until all ingredients are combined well and you have reached your desired consistency.
- 3Transfer potatoes to a medium-sized casserole dish and spread in an even layer
Sprinkle top with remaining ½ cup Parmesan
- 4Bake in a 375 °F oven for 20–25 minutes, until hot and top is slightly golden
Tagged under: Christmas,potatoes,Side Dish,thanskgiving