Easy S’mores Icebox Cake Recipe
This no-bake, make-ahead, 9 x 13-inch cake easily serves 10 to 15 people and pleases both adults and kids alike. It comes together quickly, keeps for up to 48 hours, and is made with everyday ingredients easily found in your local grocery store.
Adapted from Food 52
- 6 cups chocolate pudding
- 3-4 sleeves graham crackers
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 14 oz. (2 jars) Marshmallow Fluff
Prep and Cook
- Smear a thin layer of chocolate pudding in the centre of a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Top with a layer of graham crackers and spread 1/3 of the chocolate pudding on top of the crackers.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of mini marshmallows over the pudding, and torch them lightly with a kitchen torch, until soft and browned. (You can also put them under an oven broiler for 45 seconds.) Repeat the pudding/graham crackers/marshmallow layers two more times, and top with a final layer of graham crackers. (There will be four full layers of crackers, and three of pudding).
- Warm the marshmallow crème in the microwave or in a saucepan. Spread over the top of the icebox cake and spread while still warm. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until the crackers have softened to a cakelike texture (test by inserting a thin knife along the side and bringing up a few crumbs). (This can be made up to 24 hours ahead of time, but it is best consumed with a day or two, as it will get soggy if it sits too long.)
- When ready to serve, brown the top of the cake until tan and toasty with a kitchen torch or under the broiler.