The holidays are a great reason to get into the spirit of giving, but the hustle and bustle of the season can make it hard for many of us to act on our good intentions.
That’s why we love that this super-easy recipe can be quickly whipped up in your kitchen or packaged into festive mason jars as the perfect gift for teachers or for anyone else on your list! Egg Farmers of Canada and Food Banks Canada have teamed up and partnered with celebrity chefs from across the country to create recipes that give time back to Canadians to spend time with family and friends, and support those in need.
This one, by Chef Lynn, is one of our favourites. Enjoy!
Easy Gingerbread Pancakes in a Jar
Yields: 8-10, 4-inch pancakes
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 7 Minutes
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/8 cup milk
- 3 tbsp fancy molasses
- 6 tbsp butter, melted
Prep and Cook
- 1Preheat a griddle or nonstick skillet to medium heat and grease.
- 2In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, molasses, and melted butter. Fold in dry ingredients until just combined.
- 3Pour batter by 1/4 cupful onto hot griddle or skillet. Turn when bubbles on top begin to pop; cook until the second side is golden brown.
- 4Heat maple syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat for 5 minutes. Serve with warm pancakes.
- 5If giving as a gift, put all the dry ingredients into a mason jar and attach the list of wet ingredients, along with directions.