- 24 mini cupcakes (homemade or store-bought)
- 2 egg whites, room temperature
- ¾ cups granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Silver candies
Prep and Cook
- 1Preheat the oven to 200°F.
- 2Place the cupcakes on a parchment-lined baking sheet and set aside.
- 3Place a piping bag—or large zip-top bag—inside a drinking glass and open the mouth of the bag over top of the opening of the glass.
- 4Combine the egg whites, sugar and salt in a bowl and whisk using an electric mixer for 10 to 12 minutes, or until stiff, glossy peaks form.
- 5Transfer the meringue to the piping bag, working quickly, and seal the bag by rolling the top down. If using a zip-top bag, snip the corner of the bag to create an opening.
- 6Pipe small ghost shapes on top of the mini cupcakes. Don't worry about making them perfectly round. Place two small silver candies into each ghost for the eyes.
- 7Transfer the cupcakes to the pre-heated oven and bake for 1 hour, or until they are no longer gummy.
- 8Turn off the heat, open the door and allow the cupcakes to cool to room temperature in the oven.
Tagged under: cupcakes,halloween treats,Halloween Cupcakes,spooky ghost cupcakes